I was trying to share my Internet connection to other computers in my home using my Wireless, but I got and Loop issue (Connection Established/Disconnected).
I get connected to Internet in my Laptop through the Ethernet Card, so the only way that I have for sharing the Internet to the other computers is using my Wireless Card. I use Ubuntu 11.10 with Gnome 3.0. The steps I had to follow are these:
- Get connected to Internet through the Ethernet Port. :)
- At the top right of your desktop you can configure the network settings.
- In the Network Settings windows displayed, you have to press the button "Start Hotspot". The wireless must be ON. In my case Hotspot is already started.
- The next step is to configure the settings (SSID, Password, etc.). The SSID is the name of the network, the other computers will see this name. I have selected "Virus Maligno" for the SSID and my password is ************* ;).
- This step is important to solve the loop issue (Connection Established/Disconnected). For IPv6, we have to select Ignore in the Method. This is caused by IPv6 because is trying to start "sharing" the connection as well. Sharing for IPv6 isn't supported.
- The last and also important step to solve the loop issue, is to run this command: sudo killall dnsmasq
After following the steps above I was able to share my Lan Internet Connection through the wireless (AdHoc) to other computers.
For more information about the loop problem you can look at:
If you have any question, comment or concern, please leave a comment.